Since 1988, the veterinarians and support staff at Countryside Veterinary Clinic have sought to achieve the highest standards of veterinary medicine. We feel that cats are part of the family - yours and ours. Our clients' response to the care we provide is the strongest testament to the quality of care we provide for your cats.
Countryside Veterinary Clinic offers preventative health care, as well as, advanced diagnostic and surgical services, and boarding. Our commitment to quality service has lead our cat care to become well-known and respected throughout our community.
We Support Every Stage Of Your Cat's Life
As your feline friend grows, he or she will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Kitten: 0 - 6 months
- Junior: 7 months - 2 years
- Prime: 3 - 6 years
- Mature: 7 - 10 years
- Senior: 11 - 14 years
- Geriatric: 15+ years
Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, he or she will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. Most cats will simply become less active, less interactive, or eat less. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat simply does not greet them at the door as usual. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. If you should notice changes in behavior, please call our office, 410-657-8024.
Emergency Cat Care
In case of an emergency, please call our hospital, 410-657-8024, during business hours, to promptly see our experienced veterinarians. Our office hours are:
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
A Certified Cat-Friendly Hospital
Because the medical needs of cats are unique, our hospital team has advanced feline training and we utilize specialized equipment and facilities specific to felines. We minimize stress by utilizing feline pheromones and soft cozy surfaces which will allow your cat to feel safe and secure. Our staff is trained to permit cats to move at their own pace, which allows them to feel less stress during their visit to our hospital. Cats have special needs when it comes to exploring new environments. We understand the needs of cats and how to keep their stress to a minimum. While we cannot make all cats feel completely at home, we can help all cats to feel safe and comfortable during their visit to Countryside Veterinary Clinic.
Our hospital is also certified by the American Association of Feline Practitioners as a Cat-Friendly Practice. This accreditation means our veterinary practice specializes in meeting the diverse array of feline needs, including:
- Understanding the unique needs of cats, thereby making veterinary visits more cat-friendly
- Understanding how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner
- Having an appropriate standard of equipment needed to diagnose and treat feline patients
- Meeting the standards for the facilities and care of hospitalized cats
Cat Health Services and Treatments
At Countryside Veterinary Clinic, we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your cat remains safe while under anesthesia.
- Bathing and Hygiene: Proper feline hygiene is an important component of a healthy happy lifestyle.
- Behavior Services: Your cat's behavior can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help.
- Boarding: Relax. Our team will take excellent care of your cat, which will board in a cat condo, until your return.
- Cancer Treatment: Our veterinarians treat many forms of cancer- which makes all the difference for you and your cat.
- Cardiology: Our state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and professional knowledge allow us to get to the heart of your cat's health and wellness matters.
- Dental Care: Our knowledge, dental experience, and dental radiolography, allow us to help prevent and treat your cat's dental conditions, including periodontal disease and surgical dental needs.
- Dermatology: Diagnosing skin conditions can be challenging. Our veterinarians have over 30 years of experience in diagnosing and treating skin conditions in cats.
- Deworming: Intestinal parasites are a concern to both your pet and your family. Let us ensure that your cat is protected from worms.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Countryside provides in-house digital radiology and ultrasound. Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians to accurately diagnose your cat's condition to provide proper treatment in a timely manner.
- Emergency Care: In case of emergency, call our hospital, during business hours, to be seen promptly by our experienced veterinarians.
- Eye Care: Our doctors are trained to recognize feline-specific eye disease and choose appropriate medical and surgical treatments.
- Flea & Tick: We research and recommend the safest and most effective flea and tick preventatives for your cat.
- Heartworm Prevention: We recommend that all outdoor cats and many indoor cats, in Maryland, use heartworm prevention all year round.
- House Calls: We are very sensitive to the needs of our clients and patients, and, in some cases, a house call is the best way to deliver care.
- Kitten Care: We help you to care for your kitten through the education of wellness, parasite testing, vaccinations, nutritional and behavioral couseling, and the medical and surgical care of illnesses.
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory testing creates faster results leading to a quicker diagnosis and treatment plan for your cat.
- Laser Therapy: Laser therapy is a beam of light used to treat postoperative pain, arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions, and it is painless, quick and well-tolerated by cats.
- Medications: Our fully-stocked in-house pharmacy provides properly delivered and stored medications. Our veterinarians and staff help ensure that you can medicate your cat through education, advice, assistance, tablets, flavored liquids, tuna and chicken flavored chews, transdermal pens, and pill pockets!
- Microchip ID: All cats should have identification on them and microchipping is a permanent identification method. Microchipping is the best system to aid in the safe return of your cat should he or she become lost.
- Nutrition: We address the specialized nutritional requirements for your cat in each different life stage and also recommend prescription diets in the management of certain illnesses.
- Pain Management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your cat regardless of age, ability, or condition.
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program is the first step to ensuring that your cat has a long, healthy, life.
- Senior Care: We understand the special needs of aging cats, and we will partner with you to provide the optimal plan for your senior feline.
- Spay or Neuter: We recommend spay or neuter surgeries for all cats to prevent reproductive illnesses and to prevent behavioral issues. We provide a safe and painless surgical experience for your cat.
- Surgery: Our veterinarians perform a wide range of surgical procedures for cats including spays, neuters, cystotomies, soft tissue surgeries, orthopedics surgeries, etc.
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians will recommend an individualized and personalized vaccination protocol based on your cat's needs.
Make An Appointment With Countryside Veterinary Clinic Today
Our success as a cat hospital is a reflection of the health and happiness of our feline patients and their owners. From preventive medicine to comprehensive illness and disease intervention, our hospital team will ensure that all of your cat's visits to our hospital will resonate with care and compassion.